LUMINA Vol. XIV is excited to announce Particia Lockwood as the judge for our 2014 poetry writing contest!
Patricia Lockwood has published two collections of poems (Balloon Pop Outlaw Black & Motherland Fatherland Homelandsexuals) and is just as popular on Twitter as she is in bookstores. “Rape Joke” made her infamous, but her poems published in some of the country’s most prestigious journals have cemented her as a poet who is complex, humourous and grammatically intoxicating. She is a poet who will turn over a new leaf in American poetry and will start the conversations needed to head forward.
We’re very honored and lucky to have someone we hold in such high regard judge this year’s poetry contest.
All contest submissions will also be considered for publication.
Deadline: October 15, 2014
Please read the guidelines carefully. If you include your personal information on the document, or exceed the line limit, your submission will no be considered.
- Submission Fee: $12
- Include a 100 word bio (max) at the bottom of your cover letter.
- Submit up to three poems, 60 lines maximum per poem. You must submit your work in a single document, even if you are sending several poems.
- DO NOT INCLUDE your name or any personal information in the body of your submission.
- Previously published works will not be considered.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions. Please withdraw your submission immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
First Place: $500, publication in LUMINA Vol. XIV
Second Place: $250, publication in LUMINA Vol. XIV
Third Place: $100, publication in LUMINA Online Literary Journal
Submit to our Poetry Contest through our online submission manager.